The True Grit Sports Academy - (Varsity) Track Club - Goldrush T/C is comprised of high school track athletes from the Sacramento / San Joaquin / East Bay Area, high schools. The team consist of 20-30, men and women, track and field athletes, ages 14-18.
The Goldrush T/C competes at the National, Regional, and Local track meet competitions. This team is highly competitive and is a nationally ranked track club.
Founded February 2002 as the Gold Rush Youth Track and Field Club, the Gold Rush Youth T/F Club was started after several members of a local youth T/F club sought out more expertise regarding youth Track and Field. Once started, the Gold Rush T/F became a force in the Youth T/F. After the first season, Gold Rush Track and Field received local, regional and national awards and records.
Gold Rush Track and Field can boast a membership that exceeds 120 members. Presently, most of our athletes are attending elementary school, junior high and high school. However, many of our athletes have continued with their athletic goals on into college. Their success is a testimony to foundation created through Youth T/F and The Gold Rush Youth T/F Club.
Here are some of the alumni of the Gold Rush Youth T/F Club.
1. (2002-2004) Jason Price-University of Southern California- T/F 400m
2. (2002-2004) Adrian Speed-University of Arizona -T/F triple jump
3. (2002-2004) Ryan Love-Brigham Young University- Football
4. (2002-2004) G. Pittman- Brigham Young University- Football
5. (2002-2006) Brandyn Thompson- Boise State University -Football
6. (2002-2006) Anthony Goburn- University of Washington- T/F & Football.
7. (2005-2006) Asa Jackson – University of San Louis Obispo- Football.
Now known as, The True Grit Sports, we welcome all interested athletes and families to join us and continue the legacy Gold Rush Youth Track and Field. For more information contact Head Coach/TGSA Track/Field Director - Dave Stone or Founder of True Grit Sports, Eric Thompson, at firstname.lastname@example.org or P.O. Box 580653, Elk Grove, Ca 95758.